
Oh my,
My Donny and Marie collection somehow keeps coming up. Recently I was browsing some Donny and Marie Dolls for the optional TV outfits versions thinking that they might be fun to have and came across. “The movie” Going Coconuts, I remember going to the theater to see this. I’m not sure if it was in Austin, TX or Salt Lake City, UT. I remember how excited I was to get this album for Christmas and fell in love with the first track, “On the Shelf” almost immediately scratched it because I was so excited to listen to it again and again. So, I would listen to my one taped version of the song that I recorded from a portable tape recorder. It was bad. More frustrating than anything. Of course Donny and Marie never got radio play in my local town of Logan Utah. I know strange huh? Just didn’t fit in the play list. So hearing it again in it’s complete form didn’t come until I purchased the album again a few years ago. A much better and less worn copy. I was able to score a very limited edition CD rerelease of this Album and have been listening to it regularly since last year. Even sent a copy of it to my sister who is also a big fan.
The movie “Going Cocnuts”…very vaguely remember it as something that was corny but it was just like the television show and I loved it. Actually seeing it though and remembering it was cloudy. I have purchased the Christmas special last year and that brought back a flood of memories. So when I saw this movie come up in Ebay as a video I kind of thought I’d be interested. Especially since no one was bidding on it and it was $5.00. So I thought, what the heck, I’ll bid on it. I won! So I got it in the mail last night and haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but I put it in the VCR to watch the opening at least. It’s a recording from the worn 8mm Film! I guess that was a good as they could get. So this weekend after everything is done…I’ll be sitting down and getting into some Donny and Marie!
My Donny and Marie collection somehow keeps coming up. Recently I was browsing some Donny and Marie Dolls for the optional TV outfits versions thinking that they might be fun to have and came across. “The movie” Going Coconuts, I remember going to the theater to see this. I’m not sure if it was in Austin, TX or Salt Lake City, UT. I remember how excited I was to get this album for Christmas and fell in love with the first track, “On the Shelf” almost immediately scratched it because I was so excited to listen to it again and again. So, I would listen to my one taped version of the song that I recorded from a portable tape recorder. It was bad. More frustrating than anything. Of course Donny and Marie never got radio play in my local town of Logan Utah. I know strange huh? Just didn’t fit in the play list. So hearing it again in it’s complete form didn’t come until I purchased the album again a few years ago. A much better and less worn copy. I was able to score a very limited edition CD rerelease of this Album and have been listening to it regularly since last year. Even sent a copy of it to my sister who is also a big fan.
The movie “Going Cocnuts”…very vaguely remember it as something that was corny but it was just like the television show and I loved it. Actually seeing it though and remembering it was cloudy. I have purchased the Christmas special last year and that brought back a flood of memories. So when I saw this movie come up in Ebay as a video I kind of thought I’d be interested. Especially since no one was bidding on it and it was $5.00. So I thought, what the heck, I’ll bid on it. I won! So I got it in the mail last night and haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but I put it in the VCR to watch the opening at least. It’s a recording from the worn 8mm Film! I guess that was a good as they could get. So this weekend after everything is done…I’ll be sitting down and getting into some Donny and Marie!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home