
It’s the little things.
I got out the floor stuff weekend before last. I had a friend over to help me move all the kitchen stuff into the living room and started my kitchen floor project. I think things go so much quicker if you have someone around to talk to and help move things around especially during these floor projects. I love doing it though. It totally involves like three vacuums and brooms and mops and stuff. Lots of appliance work. If you kids know me, you know I love appliances.
So First I grabbed a bite to eat with my friends down at a diner by Home Depot. We then when and picked up a gallon of the industrial wax that they sell there. We then pulled everything out of the kitchen except the big appliances and the desk and such. Then gave it a good sweep and vacuum to make sure that all the dirt was off the floor. Then I take the Hoover Floor Max 2000 and add hot soapy water to the on board tank and scrub the floor. Then I take my shop vac and suck off the excess water and mop away any extra parts that the vacuum can’t grab. Let it dry. Then we take a clean new mop and apply the was on the floor and wait about 30 mins for the wax to dry. Once dry I apply the buffing pad to the Floor Max 2000 and buff up to a shine. Once buffed up I repeat at least once more. I like a good coating. Then I can repeat the buffing to bring up the shine for the next 6 months with just a light mopping to clean slight messes.
The first morning after has a wonderful afterglow of a job well done.
I got out the floor stuff weekend before last. I had a friend over to help me move all the kitchen stuff into the living room and started my kitchen floor project. I think things go so much quicker if you have someone around to talk to and help move things around especially during these floor projects. I love doing it though. It totally involves like three vacuums and brooms and mops and stuff. Lots of appliance work. If you kids know me, you know I love appliances.
So First I grabbed a bite to eat with my friends down at a diner by Home Depot. We then when and picked up a gallon of the industrial wax that they sell there. We then pulled everything out of the kitchen except the big appliances and the desk and such. Then gave it a good sweep and vacuum to make sure that all the dirt was off the floor. Then I take the Hoover Floor Max 2000 and add hot soapy water to the on board tank and scrub the floor. Then I take my shop vac and suck off the excess water and mop away any extra parts that the vacuum can’t grab. Let it dry. Then we take a clean new mop and apply the was on the floor and wait about 30 mins for the wax to dry. Once dry I apply the buffing pad to the Floor Max 2000 and buff up to a shine. Once buffed up I repeat at least once more. I like a good coating. Then I can repeat the buffing to bring up the shine for the next 6 months with just a light mopping to clean slight messes.
The first morning after has a wonderful afterglow of a job well done.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home