
And then it’s July…
Sorry I’ve been out of the loop lately. I can not believe it’s already here. The birthday month is back and getting serious. This next weekend is Bellingham Pride , weekend after that Sister’s enclave, weekend after that, birthday, weekend after that Bacon Strip back again, month of Magnum. Jeez. Haven’t had much time to do anything but just keep up.
Pride this year was amazing. I was going to do much more than I did but I’m glad I didn’t some how get to it all. I was able to do a whole lot anyway. Pride also ran along Scooter insanity which pretty much canceled that whole event for me. Pride trumps that event anyway. I did manage to get the rally pack and wish them well on opening night. Friday night I was substituting hostess duties for LeFaux’s show at Julia’s recent up turn in hostess duties left a hole there so I helped out a bit. It was a great show and even got to meet the new hostess as of last week from the reality show Drag Race. Shannel is going to be hostess of the show starting in September. It is a pretty major change. Sean Paul was the face of Le Faux for the first three years of it’s existence. But last Saturday night there was a blow up between the owner and the performer and they separated ways. Not sure what Sean Paul will do now, but I wish him luck. Seattle can be very small town when it some to things like this. Julia’s is also putting up a new regular show featuring the Edwards twins. Really great act from Las Vegas. I think they will be loved here. Could even possibly take over some more spots depending on how things work out.
Vamps and Vixens is picking up. I’ve been a little worried though about the lack lust audiences. I love the show but I would love it to be packed more. None of us have signed contracts yet in hopes of getting it off the ground. So we are kind of holding position and keeping things going in hopes of building some clientele. We are getting regulars so here’s to hoping. The show is pretty amazing as it sits, you just look up and keep doing what you are doing. If you haven’t has a chance to see it you might want to consider it this summer. If it doesn’t start holding up the numbers soon it might move monthly and then even stop if something doesn’t start happening soon. I’m not sure if I’m sad about that, it has been kind of a tug of war between how I would run it to who it has been put together. The weekly experience has been pretty amazing. I did notice this last week since the Edwards twins have vamped up the sound system it has totally made a difference.
Italian Man, oh Italian man where are you? So I’ve been flirting with this person on Face book for several months now. Young. 23 or so, no active Cell phone, only responds via Face book at early hours of the morning. Average time around 3:00 am. Never IMs me on face book unless I haven’t see or heard from him in a while and the trail is getting cold, then he comes back on strong and makes it feel like the relationship is definitely going to happen. I have come closer and closer to actually meeting him. It’s funny, red flags go up on him for a daily email basis. Things that would say. “Um you are such a fake”, “lame excuse” and “what a story!” But I think I want to believe it. WHAT?! You say, Sylvia wants to be in a relationship? Oh I put up a lot of jazz about being a player, but I think if I had a choice, and someone came along that could deal with all the drama that goes on around me, yes I wouldn’t mind trying it for a while. Maybe even longer. So he supposedly just moved in from Pismo Beach , CA a few weeks ago. I was totally excited to meet him. Moved here just before Pride. Never met, or talked to him on the phone, not even by pay phone or on work phone, said he would come to the show, nope. Said he would come to pride, told me he was there but didn’t really make an effort to come up to me. Was going to come to brunch on Sunday, nope. It’s beginning to feel like my song I sing from V&V’s Gotta see Momma Every night or You Don’t See Your Momma at All. I’m really liking how the story has been taking shape. I have a feeling if I don’t meet him or even if I do it might show up at a play somewhere. If it doesn’t work out I’ll definitely post the whole correspondence anyway. It is totally interesting and very dramatic. Just seeing how he pulls this old broad along is entertaining. I’m loving the hunt though. I’m getting that feeling again. I want to do some sort of solo or group theater piece.
So anyway that is me at the beginning of July, my 42nd year. What am I doing? Where am I going? Am I happy? Yes. What do I have in store? Not sure, but I am loving the journey so far.
Hopefully more updates soon.
Happy Summer!
Sylv
Sorry I’ve been out of the loop lately. I can not believe it’s already here. The birthday month is back and getting serious. This next weekend is Bellingham Pride , weekend after that Sister’s enclave, weekend after that, birthday, weekend after that Bacon Strip back again, month of Magnum. Jeez. Haven’t had much time to do anything but just keep up.
Pride this year was amazing. I was going to do much more than I did but I’m glad I didn’t some how get to it all. I was able to do a whole lot anyway. Pride also ran along Scooter insanity which pretty much canceled that whole event for me. Pride trumps that event anyway. I did manage to get the rally pack and wish them well on opening night. Friday night I was substituting hostess duties for LeFaux’s show at Julia’s recent up turn in hostess duties left a hole there so I helped out a bit. It was a great show and even got to meet the new hostess as of last week from the reality show Drag Race. Shannel is going to be hostess of the show starting in September. It is a pretty major change. Sean Paul was the face of Le Faux for the first three years of it’s existence. But last Saturday night there was a blow up between the owner and the performer and they separated ways. Not sure what Sean Paul will do now, but I wish him luck. Seattle can be very small town when it some to things like this. Julia’s is also putting up a new regular show featuring the Edwards twins. Really great act from Las Vegas. I think they will be loved here. Could even possibly take over some more spots depending on how things work out.
Vamps and Vixens is picking up. I’ve been a little worried though about the lack lust audiences. I love the show but I would love it to be packed more. None of us have signed contracts yet in hopes of getting it off the ground. So we are kind of holding position and keeping things going in hopes of building some clientele. We are getting regulars so here’s to hoping. The show is pretty amazing as it sits, you just look up and keep doing what you are doing. If you haven’t has a chance to see it you might want to consider it this summer. If it doesn’t start holding up the numbers soon it might move monthly and then even stop if something doesn’t start happening soon. I’m not sure if I’m sad about that, it has been kind of a tug of war between how I would run it to who it has been put together. The weekly experience has been pretty amazing. I did notice this last week since the Edwards twins have vamped up the sound system it has totally made a difference.
Italian Man, oh Italian man where are you? So I’ve been flirting with this person on Face book for several months now. Young. 23 or so, no active Cell phone, only responds via Face book at early hours of the morning. Average time around 3:00 am. Never IMs me on face book unless I haven’t see or heard from him in a while and the trail is getting cold, then he comes back on strong and makes it feel like the relationship is definitely going to happen. I have come closer and closer to actually meeting him. It’s funny, red flags go up on him for a daily email basis. Things that would say. “Um you are such a fake”, “lame excuse” and “what a story!” But I think I want to believe it. WHAT?! You say, Sylvia wants to be in a relationship? Oh I put up a lot of jazz about being a player, but I think if I had a choice, and someone came along that could deal with all the drama that goes on around me, yes I wouldn’t mind trying it for a while. Maybe even longer. So he supposedly just moved in from Pismo Beach , CA a few weeks ago. I was totally excited to meet him. Moved here just before Pride. Never met, or talked to him on the phone, not even by pay phone or on work phone, said he would come to the show, nope. Said he would come to pride, told me he was there but didn’t really make an effort to come up to me. Was going to come to brunch on Sunday, nope. It’s beginning to feel like my song I sing from V&V’s Gotta see Momma Every night or You Don’t See Your Momma at All. I’m really liking how the story has been taking shape. I have a feeling if I don’t meet him or even if I do it might show up at a play somewhere. If it doesn’t work out I’ll definitely post the whole correspondence anyway. It is totally interesting and very dramatic. Just seeing how he pulls this old broad along is entertaining. I’m loving the hunt though. I’m getting that feeling again. I want to do some sort of solo or group theater piece.
So anyway that is me at the beginning of July, my 42nd year. What am I doing? Where am I going? Am I happy? Yes. What do I have in store? Not sure, but I am loving the journey so far.
Hopefully more updates soon.
Happy Summer!
Sylv


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home