
Got it! The gift to myself! The Electrolux 1205! I have a weakness. I love my stuff. It’s something I have inherited from Mom. I collect stuff. Vacuums is one of them. I have 3 for my small apartment. But lately I’ve been motivated to get the vacuum I grew up with, fought with and hated, just like Mom had. I remember dragging this thing around as a kid to vacuum. I hated it. It was heavy, took forever to hook up and it was loud. I perceived. I wanted an upright. You just pull that out of the closet, plug in and go! The Electrolux was never a quick experience. It was built solid and really did a great job but it took a while to get together and would always catch on corners and nooks. I even remember wishing we didn’t have such a big vacuum. Volunteering to vacuum if my friends had an upright. We vacuumed after every family meal to keep house and every Saturday to make sure every thing was straightened before we went out to play.
So when I moved into the Boat house it presented a whole new challenge in vacuuming, high ceilings, stairs and 50percent of the floor space, linoleum. So for this apartment my Limited Edition Heavy Duty Hoover Concept Upright just does not cut it. So I head off to the local used vacuum store. Asked the vacuum guy what would be the best for my needs. I wanted something small, powerful and a canister. The Eureka Boss 4 hp was the one I ended up with. It’s light, very powerful and has all the attachments to get everywhere I need to go. So why would I want this one? Will I give up something else?
Yes I gave away my little hand held for free to someone. I’m looking for something to do the stairs and everything but mainly I just wanted it for the way it looks. So cute! And my color! Turquoise. So this one came off Ebay at a great price, $30.00 with all the attachments, wonderful shape and 50 vacuum bags. Good god. Is it as good as I remembered? No it is not as strong as the Eureka and is definitely more clunky. How does it clean? Great! It will probably need a tune up and I might even get a new motor for it and see if I can get it upgraded to a full 4 hp. I believe these came with that option later. But for now. IT’s cool and it definitely fulfills my vacuuming fetish. I have a feeling it will show up in a few photo shoots in the future.
So when I moved into the Boat house it presented a whole new challenge in vacuuming, high ceilings, stairs and 50percent of the floor space, linoleum. So for this apartment my Limited Edition Heavy Duty Hoover Concept Upright just does not cut it. So I head off to the local used vacuum store. Asked the vacuum guy what would be the best for my needs. I wanted something small, powerful and a canister. The Eureka Boss 4 hp was the one I ended up with. It’s light, very powerful and has all the attachments to get everywhere I need to go. So why would I want this one? Will I give up something else?
Yes I gave away my little hand held for free to someone. I’m looking for something to do the stairs and everything but mainly I just wanted it for the way it looks. So cute! And my color! Turquoise. So this one came off Ebay at a great price, $30.00 with all the attachments, wonderful shape and 50 vacuum bags. Good god. Is it as good as I remembered? No it is not as strong as the Eureka and is definitely more clunky. How does it clean? Great! It will probably need a tune up and I might even get a new motor for it and see if I can get it upgraded to a full 4 hp. I believe these came with that option later. But for now. IT’s cool and it definitely fulfills my vacuuming fetish. I have a feeling it will show up in a few photo shoots in the future.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home