Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Monday, January 29, 2007


Rock Star hours in a typing pool day.

So last night I was out late. Something I felt much more at ease with now that Barbara is around. Plus all the cab fares and the uneasiness of knowing what kind of experience you would get once you climb into that cab in full drag. So I’m driving around on 2nd ave looking for a place to park and I do the circle twice and immediately find a place. Pull up switch outfits in the car and then climb out. Another feature of this car I am LOVING. My wigs fit in here with out having the put the seat in a reclining mode of worrying about the roof handle ripping it off of me as I’m getting out of the car. I can also switch shoes, coats and necklaces inside and be ready for an entrance instead of standing outside getting changed before going into the club.

At about 12:30 at night the show was done and I am sparkling and glamorous as I walk down the street in sequins heals and flowing pink. I’m loving the feeling. I climb into Barbara without switching to my driving shoes and notice that driving in heels is just as easy. I plug in the Nano and Kay Star starts right up on queue. I automatically lock all the doors and pull out onto the street downtown kind of in cruise mode. People don’t tend to look twice at a girl in teased up hair in a big car I tend to blend I guess. I pull up next to a cab and he looks over, I look back and grin. I’m in just as big and much more sparkling, my sequin dress showing in the streetlights. His face just kind of get’s that blank stare. It’s normally the same stare that I get when I’m in the cab not knowing for sure what this driver might do to me. The light switches and the road is clear, so I gun it. I’m up late feeling wild and kind of giddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home