
Oh the power!
GOOOOOOOD GOD!
Wicked evil laugh. I learned to drive on a 74 Corolla stick . Dad had taken me up to a little canyon in Utah just blocks from our home and taught me how to learn a clutch. Since then every car I’ve ever had was a 4 cylinder. I’d shift up and down to compensate for hills and if the car was loaded down with friends/things. It was kind of the karmic payment to the transportation gods because I was saving on gas and parking anywhere I could fit a subcompact or small car.
My first personal car 78 Honda CVCC Civic
Second 79 Rabbit
(in between was a short lived ownership of a 74 Dodge dart) 6 cylinder.
Then my Scooters 1985 Honda Elite 150 that I rode until it was stolen back in 2001, then onto my current addiction to Vespas and all that the small living provides. Like taking the back roads and enjoying the time and space that you travel in seeing things in a slower perspective. Even investing in the weather really feeling the rain, cold, frozen fog and also all the beautiful weather the Northwest has to offer.
Now comes Barbara FloVine. 1994 Mercury Marquis V8.
I would have never thought of getting something this big. I’m a scooterist!
I adore my Vespa! I adore the freedom and the size that Sophia (my bike) gives me. So I was just thinking of possibly a truck of jeep to two the scooter to rallies with. But now, since Barbara has entered the scene, I’m thinking custom-made Airstreams with drive up ramps for Sophia and road trips across the nation. Yes the gas mileage is not good, yes she is kind of hard to find a parking in, yes it’s at least a 5 feet longer than any other car I’ve had. Now I can tackle hills (Denny) without worry or even breaking a sweat, merge onto I-5 and people get out of the way!, driving in this car is like riding fully drugged on Valium, 0-50 in a matter of moments, drunk frat boys think I’m a cab and flag me down. So far so good.
I think I’ll go for a cruise. Anyone want to come?
I can fit 6 comfortably, no seriously!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home