
What’s a girl to do?
So having Saturday night off for the first time in Months I decided to take a road trip in the new car. I was supposed to “hang out” with hippie boy but he flaked and I had just had Barbara detailed. So with a full tank of gas I loaded up a sleeping bag and pillow a change of panties, my dolls and my toothbrush. Of course everything fits in the trunk to spare. I map quested some friends in Bellingham and decided to make in impromptu visit up north.
Barbara is still having some minor issues but she moves with ease. I found the cruise control to work well and everything runs smooth as silk. Just the engine sputtering but I’ll get to that in a minute. We were cruising at 75-80 with no issue. I can’t wait until she is working at peak levels.
What this night did for me? I had forgotten how fun it was just to pickup and take off. With Sophia I kind of limit myself to day trips or to locations that I can go with people who know where they are going. With Barbara we just go. I haven’t done that in over 10 years. Now my new plan?
Get Barbara at peak operation level. Get a trailer for Sophia and hit the roads of the NW and really explore! Maybe even do shows at bars on the road. Book myself a tour schedule! OOOOOH! Dream of dreams? What about a Bambi with room for Sophia? Coastal road trip with room to sleep and entertain?!
So I got Barbara back from the local mechanic yesterday. While she looks lovely on the outside, she has some issues on the inside, about the tune of 1500 dollars to get everything running right. Well It’s still cheaper than the 5000 I was thinking of spending on a new used, and much more glamorous. With a V8! Now I'll need to find a place to park the Bambi...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home