Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Monday, March 24, 2008


WOW! Easter weekend! I was kind of looking forward to a weekend off from events but honey, that was not to happen. Chuck and Lloyd had a wonderful happy hour Friday night at the WWWH, it was wonderful to catch up with fabulous and stylish group of friends that roam in that circle. Friends came into town for Friday night so I spent sometime hanging out with them and then they took off to another event.
I went to Talcum, a new Vintage Northern Soul night at Wildrose. I enjoy that bar but if you want to get your drink on you have to go somewhere else. It was taking no less than 10 to 15 minutes to get a drink. That spells death to any event happening there. It seemed there were enough people behind the bar, but whatever process they use, it takes up most of the back counter space and at least 2- 3 minutes per drink to work up bar tabs. Come on girls, get your act together! No wonder I hear rumors of the bar being up for sale.
Other than that the music was wonderful and the dancing was very fun.

Saturday, brunch with friends and catching up with events then Saul-T came into town for the Saturday night event. I was going to be a judge at a Pin-up girl show. We ended up be seated in front of the show speakers so it was a bit loud but what a great show. My favorite entry for the night was naughty Nick. I’m in love. He won my perfect vote. But then this was a pin-up Girl contest…sigh.

Sunday morning, brunch with Saul-T and friends then Thrift shopping in Freemont. What a perfect weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home