Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Thursday, February 07, 2008


So should we start with the first one? Blue one on the far left...I know, they are small. But this is size I saw them in the case when I saw the set and I still figured out what they were.

This was an American Motors car. It compact for AMC. It even had an option of Levi interior. Great color combinations with matching interiors.
It's a Gremlin.

None of my friends had one but I do remember riding in one briefly. No big memories there but I always thought itwas a cool name and a cool little funky car.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Gray said...

In addition to the fabulous Levi's interior (which included the "red tab" and orange-ish stitching), the exterior color was really unique... I can't remember the Crayola name, maybe cornflower? Blue with a hint of lavender/purple...

I got to see Gremlins and Pacers close-up as we lived in Kenosha, WI, the home of AMC, for a couple years when I was young... there were tons of Gremlins and Pacers and Matadors around since so many people worked there... in 5th grade our class got a tour of the Pacer assembly line and the AMC representative proclaimed it would be the salvation of the company (we also toured the Jockey underwear factory down the road, but that's another topic altogether.)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home