
A Dieing Breed
Oh my vintage world of diners is so frail it’s scary. My friends ask me where I like to go I have a decreasing list of greasy spoons that seem to be dieing off yearly. Went to the Hurricane the other month and still head out to Randy's in Georgetown, Vera’s, Luna Park, Shanty Café, Chase's Pancake House and the Pancake house in Burien. Some of them I missed. The Twin Tee-pees closed before I had the chance to experience that. Eileen’s on Broadway, but I did do Andy’s. Andy’s was part of my scooter experience. As soon as I had Sophia, she and I went down for dinner at Andy’s as one of my first Seattle exploration trips. I loved it. The maze of cars and the memories and experiences that dripped for all the areas in the place. Even the executive car with the old world console TV ready for the Executive type parties full of cocktails and sin. I had several of my scooter club meetings there. I had a sick feeling that Andy’s time was quickly coming to an end. It was increasingly empty and the hours were getting kind of erratic. The help was colorful to say the least.
Thank God I experienced Andy’s!
Food was never stellar but the stories, atmosphere and drinks were ALWAYS strong.
So now that all the diners are dieing. People will be starving for fun places to eat and hang out. Makes me want to open a real 24 hour dinette on the hill. Get a 40 seat diner and move all the people in and out of the place.
Andy’s you will be missed!
http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/01/rip_andys_diner


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home