Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007


ARE You THERE? Part TWO.

So I somehow volunteered for a GSBA show this Friday.
There had originally been a call out to hostess for one of their luncheons about 3 months ago. It had come from one of their members. This member was the head of another group that I had done work with previously so I assumed it was for her group. About a month after I had agreed to do the show from the person who contacted me a call went out from one of my fellow performers asking for an MC on the same date that I had asked off for and made arrangements to do. Thinking it was for another group I said sorry, I’m already booked. I then sent out an email to the original booker asking to verify the date, place and event. The original booker then said that this GSBA luncheon was the one she had talked to me about and recommended that I send an email to the GSBA person to explain why I said I wasn’t able to do it.

No response.

OK I was a tad bit put out at that point. I had cleared a real work day for this and obviously communication in her group doesn’t seem a very high priority because first booker should have said something to this woman in charge to let her know who and how this had previously worked out.

So I wrote her again, thinking she must be busy.
I then said I had already taken the day off and wanted to know if she still needed me.

No Response.

Two days before the event I emailed again. I even email the original booker to see if she had any other contacts. My original booker emailed back saying that she was sorry that this person had not contacted me but she would check on it and have her contact me.

No Response.

So Day of the event I went to work and just forgot about it.

Recently I was asked if I wanted to perform for the group again. I said sure, but a bit on the pensive side because of what had happened last time. So I don’t hear of the date I don’t hear of anything until my show in Tacoma last Saturday. At that point the main MC asks me if I’m still interested in helping out with the show on Friday. I ‘m a bit frazzled coordinating the show that night but I say sure it seems easy. So what do I see in my email box on Sunday morning? An email with a script from the woman who did not respond to me after numerous times on the previous event. And now she is emailing like wild fire, with comments, times and everything.

Hmmm I guess her email does work.

I’m never going to get used to this passive aggressive stuff.
It’s experiences like this that make charity work much, much less attractive. Next time they get a flat out. NO

I guess that’s my drag queen in your face-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home