Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Friday, November 03, 2006

To HELL with the Rebar selling!

I have kind of been in a funk wondering “Why the hell am I doing this?” I found the answer last week in my friend’s wake. Because I love it!

What is BaocnStrip you ask?

Well I was tired of going to a club in the evenings for a drag show and constantly being disappointed in the quality of performance, music that was grating on my ears and bitchy clientele that thought they were owed the world for some unknown reason. The girls (drag queens) where shopping at cheap boutiques and where not putting anything into the way they looked. The songs they performed, uninspired and not challenging. The guests, uninspired. It seems when it comes to audiences they just want to come and do nothing but be entertained. HELL NO! Let’s get everybody in the game. So With the help of some very fun friends that like to dress up and DJ and have a bunch of fun music, we came up with BaconStrip! It’s a drag show by my rules first. A costume party that changes themes monthly with discounts at the door if you put enough effort into making the theme (they are not that hard). We offer fun music anything from cutting edge to 60’s Motown emphasis on FUN! What could make this better? Bacon, served up crisp and fresh from the kitchens at Rebar.

So in efforts in inject the show with some new upgrades and invest a little bit more to make this evening really take off, Lloyd (of Lloyd and Chuck) is redesigning my logo. I am also joining promo armies with Hit Girl productions. Lloyd has also shown me the light for my poster design that seemed to be lacking direction, because it was.

When is the next one?

Well I’m so glad you asked. This Saturday and it’s our year anniversary!

November 4th

BaconStrip's One year Anniversary in honor of a new year, It’s BornAgain BaconStrip!

We are officially ONE YEAR OLD!!!!!!

BaconStrip is ready to be BORN AGAIN! November 4th. November’s show is When?10:30 pm Where?REBAR 1114 Howell Street Seattle. What do I wear? Wear your best Sunday suits, and Evangelical outfits. Come as Nuns or priests, or missionaries or even Tammy Faye. Come ready to share the word with the heathens of Rebar. Amazing prizes for the best costume.
Who’s is playing? The spiritual musical presentations will be done by our very own super powers The A-Team. They are spinning the hits for the Lord!
Who is Dragging?Featuring your very special BACONSTRIP missionary Girls ready to lead you onto another year of spiritual highs!. Miss Sylvia O'Stayformore, Colony, Blyss, Kimberly and Maxine Del-Lacunt.....NEW Bacon Strippers featuring Underwear from ..Danial Webster Designs...
Cover? $5.00 with costume $7.00 without. ..

Oh and crispy bacon served up for your satisfaction.

Hope to see you! Thank you for your support.

Sylv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home