
So 2008 brings the end of yet another year. It’s time for the reflection and pondering of what the hell happened with the time? 2008 brought;
The intrigue of working with the LLAF at Gay Bingo, I’ll be back for two in 2009.
My new and surprisingly fulfilling night at Rebar Magnum, returning for 2009. West Seattle’s Bingo show becoming larger and selling out for almost every night that we do it.
Bacon Strip my other Rebar show continues on with growing crowds and stellar performances.
Going to Wichita to see Paul’s graduation and see a more different part of the country and the largest antique mall I’ve ever seen.
Connected with Curtis Jensen and old friend from Salt Lake City.
Sang with a band for the first time in a few years and actually did it for two full shows.
Joined a bowling league with friends and started what might become a new a very fun hobby / activity. These were just a few of the highlights.
Then I looked up and it was December. It's been kind of a bitter sweet holiday this year, everything in the economy tanking the world seems to be just slowing down a bit and everything seems to be unsure right now. So even though this holiday has been such a rush of things going on, it’s been a strange and not fully inflated kind of end to the year. Seattle experienced one of the worst snow storms in it’s history and everything seemed to come to a halt. While I made due by getting around to everything I wanted, everything else seemed to just slow down even more.
The day after Christmas I get news that one of my friend's new boyfriends had committed suicide. We had all gone out on Christmas Eve together. We are all still kind of reeling from feelings of loss there. New Year's Eve, since I insisted my friend come, was kind of more reflective and appreciative evening. Focusing the living and of the wonderful people that we do have all around us. I felt and I think I was correct, because during the night there was lots of love, lots of appreciation for each other.
Yesterday was the first day of the year and I spent the whole day reflecting of my history of the past decade and a half. I was scanning old pictures for Facebook as as I did, I was filled with all the joy and love for everyone that has touched my life in some way. It was really fun to try to remember what the dates where and kind of organize things into groups. Then even more fun to post them on Facebook and get comments from all the old friends on there.
So here is to 2009 Folks! I’m feeling ready, optimistic and excited to see what is ahead!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home