
The getting older of it all.
I remember growing up believing the end of the world would happen around my age of 42. I also believed that 42 would be the cut off somehow. I’m not really sure what brought me to that belief but I’m thinking it had something to do with my religious upbringing and assumptions. So when I reached my age of 40 last year I kind of felt a tinge of relief and some of dread. I don’t hold my religious values as closely as I used to but they still have an effect, way in the back of my psyche.
Well in the last few weeks I haven’t been feeling really up to par. I’ve been extremely busy and keeping up with it all has been fine but last Sunday night was up all night with stomach pains-cramps, bloating and just discomfort. I know it sounds like nothing strange to some indigestion but my sister and mother went through the same thing a while back and had their gal bladder removed. So I’ve been thinking this might be the thing that is happening to me. I’ve been laid up for the whole week after work to just make the swelling go down. It’s lame. And it takes up time. I wait for the labs to tell me what might be wrong, nothing so far. It would be my first major surgery internally if it is the gal bladder thing. Hopefully I will find out soon, I’m not really good at taking things laying down…well not this type of thing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home