
So recently had an opportunity to be a part of a new show at a local place. I’m still in the running for the option of the weekly gig but it seems to be falling short of my over all goal for an evening at a restaurant with a show. I can’t help but think of an old movie that stuck with me. It was called the THE LINGUINI INCIDENT (1991) stars Rosanna Arquette as a waitress who aspires to be an escape artist and David Bowie as a bartender whose gambling and green-card problems are catching up with him. When the pair decide that robbing the ultra-stylized restaurant where they work is the answer to all of their problems, they enlist the help of a lethal-lingerie designer (Eszter Balint), and that's when things start to get really complicated...
So anyway, their “Ultra-stylized” restaurant was run by a couple of gay guys where all the waitresses wore silver lame’ Go-go dresses and great flip falls for a super sixties look. Then there was a Magician and show…so anyway the look and feel of the restaurant was amazing and ever since I’ve seen that film I’ve thought, one of these days, I’m going to do a dinner show and start out with a base of that and add burlesque, drag, magician, drama and then dancing. High glamour 60’s with an amazing floor show. Of course I’d MC and direct it. I was kind of hoping for that to be this new one, but it does not seem to be working out that way. I guess I will wait for a bit more.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home