
Ohhh the drama.
I volunteered to Hostess some shows this weekend. Not sure it was a good idea, but oh well.
Now I've never been one to participate in drama unless it's fun drama or even promote it happening because unless I can control it I kind of find it annoying. But anyway volunteered to help out with a lil' show up at the Edmonds community college. Tonight. I'm on at 6:45pm. I get off work at 5:00 pm and then drag, then rush hour traffic to Edmunds? Not sure I'm going to make it. I told the hostess that I wanted to start around 7:30 -8:00pm earliest. She answered with a question, what song do you think I should perform? I was diplomatic of course and told her I didn't know her enough to really even know what to suggest. It's true, I've never even met her!
So she checks in on Wednesday night with my check in time...6:45. Humm not 7:30 or even 8:00 pm. Sigh, it's her first show, I will be nice and yes I will try to make it but I'm really becoming less and less patient in my old age. Perhaps a simple "no, I don't do shows in outlying suburbs unless I know the venue and there is a salary involved." Could have solved it all.
Then on Saturday night I hostess Miss Gay Seattle Pageant. I did my stint with the court back in Salt Lake and a bit more for when Danny was Mr Gay Seattle. But after, I could kind of care less. So when Alexa asked me if I would be willing to hostess this one? I said, because you are a friend, I will. But know this, I might be stepping on some pumps and crowns that night because I don't take the title stuff very seriously. So watch out kids, Saturday night might be a bumpy ride. Miss Mark Finley is even running for the title again. Scandal!!!!
I'm kind of looking forward to it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home