Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Thursday, October 19, 2006


Tranny Shack

Wow what an evening. I had been trying to figure out what song I was going to do for this event. I thought of doing some of my vintage stuff. But I wasn’t sure it would be up to par with what the other girls where going to be putting up there. Loveless had said she had back up dancers and such. I know Jackie and Urs would be doing their singing thing and that would be over the top. None of my singing material seems right for that kind of venue and I wanted something that would be a kinder simpler thing but still cute and edgy. So I figured I would do Toxic. It kind of goes against the grain of my normal drag thing of doing mainstream drag songs . I figure since the arrangement is so great I can give it kind of a Sylvia Spin. I first called James like on Tuesday to see if he would be able to perform with me on Saturday. We had done the song before at Baconstrip for the Scooter insanity weekend and it was very well received. James said he couldn’t do it that weekend but to call Kerry and see what he was doing. Kerry was more than willing and very excited about the prospect of playing back stage with all of us. We rehearsed it on Thursday night a couple of times and made arrangements for him to pick me up on Saturday and we could go over together.

Saturday I received several calls from friends and acquaintances that wanted to see the show and were interested in coming out. One of which was the big Texan and his new Dominatrix girlfriend. I was kind of disappointed that he wanted to bring a girl to the show. I guess to impress her, but it certainly took out the idea of us fooling around after the show or even the option of me keeping him around for after party stuff. Three is a crowd darling.

Kerry and I arrived on time as always and kind of hung out and watched all of the people start pouring in as the doors opened. It was exciting to see so many people that I hadn’t seen in months, even years. It was like old home week. Very cool. I even got a couple of trick calls that always make me feel important. Even thought I couldn’t do anything that night it felt good to answer and say sorry I’m at TrannyShack can’t play right now. Saying in my head “Denied!” Hecklina was the first that we meet and she was very nice and very funny. I had heard stories and I am sure at times we can all be bitches but she was nothing but calm and very nice. Met Annaconda, very sweet and down to earth. All the girls from San Fransicso were great. As the show progressed Things settled into a great line up. Hecklina doing a wonderful Halloween song with all the SF girls coming out with knives. Loveless was really great and Hecklina even gave her a wonderful tribute. I got up and did my spy meets Ann Margaret version of Toxic. It felt very good and my song kept in my brand of performance. I felt I did something that held up with all of the others.

After the show finished we all piled into a cab and headed to the Egg Room. I got home about 3:30am in a lovely bliss from a great evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home