Sylvia's Adventures

I mixed bag of thoughts from a mixed bag.

Friday, March 30, 2007


Spring is in the AIR!

Anyway finished a 3 year goal this last Saturday and then another part of that goal yesterday on the way home. I refinished my couch with the help of very talented designer! Yesterday on the way home I found a new chair to replace the strange pink one I’ve been making excuses for the last 6 years.

But let’s start this further back. I have a very guilty pleasure and that I share with some of my dear readers. It’s a little shop I’ve made it a point to pass every morning and night during the work week since I have lived in Seattle. It’s a wonderful part of old Seattle that I hope never fades away. It was truly a big reason I moved to the hill. It’s That’s Atomic.

About 10 years ago when I was looking at potential places to live in Seattle, my friends took me on a walking tour of Capitol Hill and I fell in love with OZ and it’s painted picture of Dorothy and the Leather Man, Fallout records, Gift Thrift, the Elbow Room Phillipes Records. But most of all I was spell bound when I walked by the windows of a little second hand store packed with amazing things. That’s Atomic. Everything else has faded away with progression but for ten years I walk by and have bought, numerous things from a Burger Master light to a Spectronic Orb Turntable. Most of them impulse buys but most come from the idea of something I thought would be cool. Last summer on one of my daily commutes I passed and saw a pile of new vintage material that looked cool and I got it for a killer deal. That was the same material that we used to recover the old faded blue one this last weekend. So yesterday when I was walking by noticed a very smart looking basic chair. Much the same style as Floyd and Chuck’s in the World Wide Headquarters. So I stopped and Bill said, “It’s a sleeper chair from Simmons.” Not only was it cool but it also was convertible. I instantly fell in love. I said, “I will by this chair but you guys have to take my other pink one.” Thanks God Chuck was in the headquarters, I went home we loaded it up in Barbara and exchanged. Now I have two convertible sleepers in the living room. LOVE IT. If you haven’t dropped by for a glimpse you might want to stop by That’s Atomic before it disappears too. God knows how long they will last if the building they are in sells.

Oh, and come by Brunch this Sunday and see the new living room. It’s lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home